Translate

Thursday, August 7, 2014

BY SWORD, BY AX, AND WITH PITH: AN INTERVIEW WITH ANGELA VOORHEES OF AMERICAN HORRORS

BY SWORD, BY AX, AND WITH PITH: AN INTERVIEW WITH ANGELA VOORHEES OF AMERICAN HORRORS
 
 
Angela, host of Angela's Trailer Park, is one of the most eccentric horror reviewers out on web, because rather than just knit picking fake efx  shots or slamming shoddy writing, he rather praises his subjects for their entertainingly campy and bloody forays into the genre. With an equally eccentric image and DGAF attitude to boot, he provides an alternative to the oft oversaturated web geekery.
 
Thee Satanophile: If you could remake any horror series, which would be and how would you improve it?
 
Angela Voorhees: The ones I would want to remake or do my own thing left, I’m not good enough to do so. Haha.
 
Thee Satanophile: Maniac (1980) vs. Maniac (2012)
 
Angela Voorhees: William Lustig’s Maniac. The remake was unwatchable for the sole reason of [the] POV 98% of the flick.
 
Thee Satanophile: Favorite non-horror film?

Angela Voorhees: Mallrats, Pink Flamingoes, Grease (CD in car at all times), Party Monsters, and Rock n Roll High School.
 
Thee Satanophile: First and last movie to scare then shit out of you?
 
Angela Voorhees: Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974). 5 year old me was pissing himself. The Conjuring from last night.
 
 
Thee Satanophile: If you were the scriptwriter for Ghostbusters 3, what should I expect?
 
Angela Voorhees: I’d pass because I’m not the biggest Ghostbusters guy. It’s not a bad movie, just
never had the love for it like most do.
 
Thee Satanophile: Who are your favorite reviewers in the Reviewsphere?

Angela Voorhees: The Cinema Snob and [anything] 12:01 Beyond related.
 
Thee Satanophile: Death match! Maniac Cop vs. Terminator.
 
Angela Voorhees: Psycho Cop!
 
Thee Satanophile: Death match! Laurie Strode vs. Jamie Strode.
 
Angela Voorhees: Tom Akins.
 
Thee Satanophile: How true to your life is the character of Angela Voorhees?
 
Angela Voorhees: A louder one I guess.
 
Thee Satanophile: Favorite bands? The Germs are a given.
 
Angela Voorhees: Marilyn Manson, GWAR, GG Allin, The Misfits, Danzig, Skid Row, and anything with Keith Morris.
 
Thee Satanophile: Your family was all about horror, as you were growing up, which I feel (maybe I'm wrong) is exceptional for many of us. Tell me about that upbringing.
 
Angela Voorhees: My Disney films were Godzilla flicks. In Kindergarden I was sent to the principal office for my Friday the 13th lunchbox. It was very much a open househould and my mom is the reason I'm doing this today.
 
Angela's Trailer Park appears on American Horrors on Mondays

No comments:

Post a Comment